Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 2: June 22

By far the most amazing thing we did today was white water rafting. I'd never been before, and I'm frankly not quite sure how I lived until now.  It was really thrilling; I felt extremely calm and peaceful, even though the water wasn't (at all).  It was really nice to see more of the jungle.  We've seen plenty of different species of animals, and my roommate and I are convinced we heard a monkey on our roof early this morning. It's a beautiful country; I feel healthy just being here.
-Shayna Gleason


I'm so happy that I'm getting to know some other girls on the trip that I was not previously close to. Today we bonded through white-water rafting, which was so much fun!  I've been before, but I have never experienced it while enjoying the beautiful green, pink, and orange scenery of the Costa Rican rainforest!  We are all tired from today and looking forward to working on the playground tomorrow!
-Mattie Coacher

0 comments:

Post a Comment